The years to come are going to be a turning point for luxury brands. After many years of rapid growth, they are now facing a slowdown in their progression. The increased casualization of consumers’ expectations, the rise of discounts, the development of online purchase and the revitalization of local consumption are only some of the visible trends…
To face the challenge of these changing times, the luxury industry is questioning its marketing models. Where does “prestige” stop and where does “luxury” start? What makes a genuine luxury product? Does the digital era mean more creativity for the marketing of the luxury industry? Should creativity support innovation, adaptation or tradition? What are the key success factors of luxury brands? Where are the new markets? Where are the touch points in the Chinese market? What is the future for department stores? How far can digital tools support a renewed relationship with customers? What is the objective of a luxury brand community strategy? Is e-commerce an opportunity or a threat?
The 2017 London Conference is a unique chance to interact with academics and top-class professionals from all over the world that share a common interest in Luxury Brands. The major sectors covered include Fashion, Leather Goods, Perfumes, Cosmetic, Watches, Jewelry, Wine and Spirit, Fine Food, Tableware, Travel, Hospitality, Automobile…
The conference will take place:
- at the ESCP Europe London Campus - 527 Finchley Road - London NW3 7BG
- in LONDON (UK),
- on SEPTEMBER 15-16 2017.
For further information, do not hesitate to get in touch with the organizing committee by telephone on +33.1.45.03.05.35 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The Scientific Committee of the Luxury Industries Conference , which is chaired by Professor Jean-Claude ANDREANI (Marketing Department - ESCP Europe Paris Campus), consists of a Conference Board of 6 co-chairs, whose role is to ensure a consistent editorial policy for the conference and harmonize the decisions taken on the national level.
The co-chair of the Luxury Industries Conference are:
- Professor Alberto MATTIACCI, Sapienza Università di Romà, President of the SIM Società Italiana Marketing – Italy, who published ““Marketing. Il management orientato al mercato.” (with A. PASTORE), Hoepli, 2014
- Professor Pascal MORAND, ESCP Europe Paris Campus - Executive President Fédération Française de la Couture, du Prêt-à-porter des Couturiers et des Créateurs de Mode – France, who published « Les religions et le luxe: l'éthique de la richesse d'Orient en Occident. », Regard, 2012
- Professor Elyette ROUX, Université Aix-Marseille - France who published “Le Luxe éternel, de l’âge du sacré au temps des marques.” (with G. Lipovetsky), Ed. Gallimard, 2003
- Professor Marie TAILLARD, ESCP Europe London Campus – UK, who published “Value creation in the consumption process: the role of consumer creativity” (with B. VOYER, V. GLAVEANU and A. GRITZALI), Advances In Consumer Research, 2014
- Professor Klaus-Peter WIEDMANN - Leibniz Universität Hannover - Germany, who published “Wirkungsbeziehungen zwischen Konsumeitelkeit und Luxuskonsum.”(with N. Hennigs, V. Kelsch), Südwestdeutscher Verlag für Hochschulschriften, Saarbrücken, 2010
- Professor María Jesús YAGÜE GUILLÉN, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid - Spain, who published “Relating brand equity and customer equity: an exploratory study.” (with S. Romero), International Journal of Market Research, 2015
The symposium is officially sponsored by SIM (Società Italiana Marketing).